Been a long time since the first part Experience: JasperServer Enterprise Edition Version 184.108.40.206. – Part 01, now we turn to the second and final part experience but now more closely with:
- IReport Profesional Edition 3.7.0
- JasperAnalysis 3.7
All the previous mentioned are well documented by its respective Ultimate Guide for each one, be aware that exists too ultimate guides for JasperReports and JasperServer.
IReport Profesional Edition 3.7.0
We have more, Charts and Flash Charts, where you can see for this last one an improve about quality of the charts and even you can work with Maps, even more, you can work with Widgets!, a lot a pages available for this, including important images, for example you can use:
Exists too an interesting component called Barcode4J
The ebook is more technically oriented, therefore you must do your own experiments. Bear in mind that you can access JasperServer from iReport.
Valuable software closely related with On-Line Analytical Processing (OLAP) oriented mostly for Technical Business Analysts, here JasperAnalysis compare and contrast the quantitative data (measures) among a set of categories (dimensions). You can work with OLAP Schema, Cubes, Dimensions and Measures and Facts.
Be aware that JasperAnalysis extends the b>JasperServer reporting web application to provide OLAP features like:
- Browser based OLAP interactive views called analysis views
- OLAP objects are managed in JasperServer‘s repository, including browser based maintenance and object level security
- JasperServer reports can use JasperAnalysis connections and MDX as a basis for report data, gaining access to JasperAnalysis scalability and advanced calculations
- XML/A services: Clients such as Excel can run MDX queries against JasperAnalysis cubes through the XML/A web services protocol. Jaspersoft ODBO Connect allows Excel Pivot Table connections to JasperAnalysis cubes via XML/A.
With JasperAnalysis you can:
- Defining a Data Source in JasperServer
- Creating and Uploading an OLAP Schema
- Creating a Mondrian Connection
- Creating a XML/A Connection
In the Ultimate Guide you can see steps instructions and images to help you through each process. Well the most important is all about Analysis. You have a chapter dedicated to this. You have an important Tool Bar to let you Display you data for an analysis through Tables and Chart, you can manipulate these to customize your data presentation, work with Cubes, and even you can export them like PDF or excel formats.
You can too create roles by security reasons to then apply for a specific analysis.
This is an important software mandatory for Enterprise Business about decisions making, be aware that definitively you going to need many times of practice to get experience with Cubes, Dimensions, etc.
This is complex for its own nature.
Jasperserver External Authentication 3.7
Among all the Ultimate Guides available, we have too a Cookbook
Mostly based in theory, based in concepts and explanation of the process of Authentication for many types like
- LDAP Authentication (Configuration to work with Microsoft Active Directory available )
- CAS Authentication
Bear in mind again that definitively you going to need many times of practice to get experience with
Many Thanks to JasperSoft for gave me free the licenses for these very interesting and powerful applications.
Eternal gratitude for you!.
Read The Part One